Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm a Little Teapot

Well, we went to visit our aunti and uncle yesterday. They have tons of toys and three English Setters. They even gave us a great squeaky toy to take home.

However, since the vet said to put a couple more pounds on Boatie, we have been getting lots of extra treats (now, I am not complaining, just stating the facts). Well, uncle Greg saw me and thought I was a little tubby. Mostly, I am convinced, it is not excess poundage, but is instead my luxurious winter coat.

Mom promises that tonight I will have to get on the scale--how humiliating! In the mean time, she has given me a new theme song:

I'm a little treat-hound
short and stout

Here is my handle,
here is my snout.

When you get the treats out hear me shout,
ARRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUG

By the time she gets done grabbing my tail and tuggin on my beard I leave in disgust!

So, we shall see how life progresses after the great weigh-in of '08.

Updates later. . . . .

Sadie

1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom told me that I was getting a little chunky too, Sadie and then she cut back on my kibble for 2-3 days and suddenly I was getting treats again! I guess she thought I was back to being slim and trim?? Who knows but the treats keep coming! Maybe this can work for you too??!!

Love ya lots,
Maggie