Tuesday, June 26, 2007

20 (some) Questions

Our mommy found this on another blog--but it looks fun to play. A great way for you to get to know us!!




1. Your age?

Sadie: 2 1/2 years

Boatie: Around 3 (my hoomans don't know for sure, and I'm weally bad wif dates).



2. Your age when came to live with your people?

Sadie: 4 months

Boatie: Around 2--that was nine long monfs ago

3. What color is the collar you’re wearing right now?

We both wear brown leather collars for everyday.


Sadie: I own a lovely pink collar with three rows of studs for special occasions (and because it annoys my daddy)

Boatie: Sometimes, too, we get to wear coordinating pourple harnesses for walks around wots of people. Mine is light pourple, and Sadie's is dark pourple.
4. Who is your favorite person other than the people you live with?

Sadie: I especially love Ed, and Heide and Bill.

Boatie: I'm stwill not too sure about ofer people, but sometimes if a lady looks nice she can scratch my scruffles (cheeks and beard).



5. How much do you weigh?

Sadie: I weigh 52 pounds--but you know, it's not polite to ask a girl about her weight.

Boatie: I weigh 48 pounds, but that's 12 more than when I came to live in this nice pwace.

6. Most expensive thing you’ve ever chewed up?

Sadie: I only chew appropriate dog toys. (Mom: this is true, Sadie came with inherent house manners and, I know this is unbelievable for a 'dale, was never much of a chewer).

Boatie: I like to chew left shoes--mommy and dad both have a pair of hiking shoes with no left heal!!!

7. Do you like other Dogs?

Sadie: Yes, I love other dogs!

Boatie: I am wearning to warm up to other dogs, so wong as they wespect my boundarwies.

8. Who is your best non-human friend?

Sadie: The aussie down the street named Chance--he growls whenever I lick his ears, and then chases me. It is the best game ever.

Boatie: I love my sister Sadie. She has taught me soo much 'bout how to be a great airwedale.

9. Squeaky Toys or Tennis Balls?

Sadie: Squeaky toys.

Boatie: I wuv,wuv,wuv tennis balls. I can fit two in my mouf, and I can lay wif one in my paws and one in my mouf. I awso can jump weally, weally high and catch balls my daddy has bounced!!!!

10. Do you like to be brushed?

Sadie: No, being brush is very undignified.

Boatie: YES, I wuv all de attention and it makes my itchy skin feel weally good and wunderpul.

11. Peanut Butter or Cheese?

Sadie: both are lovely treats. I am especially fond , however, of peanut butter mixed with kibble and stuffed into a kong.

Boatie: Cheese pwese.

12. Do your people cut your toenails?

Sadie: yes, but this is another undignified activity for which I have great disdain.

Boatie: they did once, but everwy time before that, the vet and three of the nice ladies who work with him had to get me down. I do not like having my fweet touched, but I am learning to accept it.

13. Any formal education?

Sadie: yes, I graduated from a formal, off-leash obedience program.












Boatie: Yes, I gradupated from de same school as my sister, Sadie. She came back and hewped me trough the cwass. All doz ofer dogs scawred me at first. Now, I am a weally good dog and my hoomans can trust me. I also now sit in de house, and my mommy and daddy luv that.



14. Couch potato or Energizer Bunny?
Sadie: both, I love a good romp outdoors, chasing my friends at the dog park or going for a long hike. Then, I enjoy a good nap on the sunny end of the couch.
Boatie: I wun weally fast--zooom, you can barwely see me I'm sooo fast!!!
15. Nicknames your people call you.
Sadie: Sadie Wadie Puppy Bear
Boatie: Boatie Bug, and Wuv Bug, and silwy girwl
17. Do you like kitties?
Sadie: I have yet to actually taste a kitty (not for lack of trying, I might add), so I cannot proffer an opinion on this particular delicacy.
Boatie: hmmm, not too sure, but my sister is teaching me to run weally hard to the end of hte leash and bark like mad whenevwer I see one.
18. What did you have for breakfast?
Kibble and yogurt--our favorite, except for tripe!!!
19. Can you hunt (aka have you ever killed anything living)?
Sadie: I love to hunt, but my hoomans always call me back.
Boatie: No--I'm stwill a wittle confuzed when Sadie goes huntin. Mawybe someday I will learn.
20. When & why was the last time you went to the V.E.T.?
Sadie: last month I went for my yearly exam.



Boatie: I got some nasty stuff in my paw in April--my momma cawlled it cheatgrass--and I went to see the doggy doctor. He made me weat a thing on my foot while the hole from the grass healed. That was not a fun week!!


21. Where do you sleep at night?
Sadie: I sleep on the dog bed at the foot of my parents bed, or with then on the bed, or on the very soft beach towel on momma's side of the bed, or on the soft kennel pad on dad's side of the bed. A girls must have options!
Boatie: I sleep on the dog bed at the foot on my parent's bed. It is my favorite thwing in teh whole world. I luv, luv, luv my dog bed.
22. Do you like to swim?
Sadie: I love to wade up to my neck in water or lay down in shallow water.
Boatie: I am just learning to get my paws wet.
23. Can you make puppies?
Sadie: no, and for the record, that sounds like a horrible activity. While I occasionally enjoy playing with my puppy cousin Otis (a three legged black lab), I would not enjoy having young dales constantly underfoot.
Boatie: Not any more. the mean person who used to *own* me was mean to me after I had some, but they weren't black enough. I know that 'dales aren't s'posed to be all black--they should look lovely like Sadie, but the mean man just didn't understand. He locked me up and wouldn't give me enough food cuz my puppies weren't all black.
24. Do you give kisses?
Sadie: I will delicately kiss the tip of my mother's nose.
Boatie: I wuv giwvin kisses--specially in the car. Daddy says I'm the best ear kisser he's ever seen. I also give kisses to nice ladies who pet my scruffles.
25. Can you potty on command?
Sadie: No, and I refuse to potty if anyone is watching me or on car trips.
Boatie: No, but I love to potty once daddy has me walkin!


No comments: